Monday, May 22, 2006

putting my money where my mouth is

Okay, having started this damn blog, I'm now really panicky about actually putting any of my writing up here. But I want this to start moving, and cant be hypocritical, so I'm going to put up a poem that i wrote last week in a particularly lonely mood. I dont know hoe crap it is. And I have never shared my poetry with anyone before, while i welcome comments - please be gentle.

Untitled

This sky is not mine, I dont know these clouds.
These austere trees are strangers to me, and will not deign to look down on me.
Nor do I know the birds that sing unfamiliar songs from their branches.

Where is the pata pata click-song rhythm of my home?

My home is broken and beautiful, limping but free.
It is scolded and embraced by a harsh mama-sun,
Old and dry as unearthed bone,
New and fresh as the unfurling bud,
Crawling, but free.

Kate

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My home is broken and beautiful, limping but free.

I just LOVE this image Katie...

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home