Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You ride me like patriarchy (on Zuma) by Amy Shelver

You ride me like patriarchy
And I moan, I moan, I moan.
I am a thousand women
Bound to the leather of your couch
Thrust in-between this and the next
Playing second fiddle to the pouch,
Oh, oh, oh, ouch.
Put it there again.
You know I like it, fuck yes
Fuck no, it’s coz I got no where to go.
At pleasures moments notice
You’re up and leaving, I’m just arriving.
It’s rude, but not as rude as this.
My voice is drown out by
The shudder swimming down your spine
And I’m gagged, this time, and the next,
Fuck yes.
You know the score coz that’s all I am.
I’m left dripping you…
A secret combination for an every-lock
The chicken comes home to roost.
And a thousand women just like me
Flash through my mind,
Row upon row, the gag-rag
Reflecting the carriage of patriarchy
Can’t you see?
Riding from up there,
Stampeding through the ripening crop
How you ride my womanhood
The crusader, SS, militia, the cop
The daunting everyman should.
It’s still the same love and patriarchy
It’s still the same you and me.
I moan, I moan, I moan.
Rape is different when it’s everyday.
In every place and every way.
And we are tired, and fired.
These gags and the gag is on you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lovely Gold said...

nice poem amy...i love it and you should really think of getting some of your stuff published

yes it is that good
mwa*

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure, the beautiful mind.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home