Friday, October 06, 2006

seeing

I saw him across a room, nothing new.
Yet when I looked this time something had changed.
Either he or I were not the same, but something had changed.
Either he or I were still the same, but something had changed.

I stood and looked to find a difference.
I stared, I watched, I waited.
In that moment we joined souls to be one.
In that moment he was mine and I his.
In that moment I saw the change was a simple one.
A quick shift in light, too slight to notice but still there.
I saw him and he saw me and together we saw a future none can render true or false.

(let me know what you think girls...and boys...mwa*)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good. Reminds me of a Counting Crows song "Cold December." ..."and you see the way the light attaches to a girl."

2:32 AM  
Blogger Katie Possum said...

"the change was a simple one" - isnt it always so simple, when we look for complexity.

Nice one, Golds!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home